Well, you know…shit.
why would you pay someone for 26-51 weeks for doing nothing
you have a very, very odd definition of “doing nothing”.
Living as a woman in the USA in a nutshell:
- If you don’t have sex, you’re a prude and a bitch.
- If you have sex outside of marriage and use birth control to avoid getting pregnant, you’re a slut (whether you’ve had sex twice every day or twice in a year).
- If you have sex outside of marriage, but don’t use protection and get pregnant, you’re a slut AND you’re stupid
- If you’re single and get an abortion because you can’t afford to take time off work to push a baby the size of a melon out of your cooch, you’re a slut, stupid, AND a murderer.
- If you’re single but don’t get an abortion, but need extra governmental help to assist in raising your child you were pressured to keep because of someone else’s moral code, you’re a slut, stupid, a leech on the back of society, AND shit out of luck.
AND THE HOOOOME OF THEEEEE BRAAAAAVE
And if you’re married and have a baby, apparently raising that child is “doing nothing” and you don’t deserve to be paid maternity leave but if you don’t want to have children with your spouse or can’t have children, you “aren’t doing your duty as a wife”/”aren’t a real woman”
like nah fuck outta here.
You really can’t fucking win with some people
North Korea gives mothers paid leave. North Korea. NORTH KOREA. NORTH KOREA!!!!And America doesn’t!
Aila Wang, niece of Alexander Wang, is my new favorite person
She dresses better than most girls I know she’s too cute xx
Florals? For Spring? Groundbreaking.
*debates whether to buy something* *imagines aziz ansari saying “treat yo self”* *treats self*
Wishing for spring!!
This is very important. This whole dialogue is very important. Because it shows how messed up our society is and how the standards of it intoxicate our thoughts. Here you have Izzy is ashamed of her body and how she didn’t look perfect as Chloe. And then you have Rae who thinks Izzy is perfect. You always think you’re never good enough, you are never pretty enough, you are never skinny enough, you are never enough. But if you could just for a moment to see yourself from the people who loved you eyes, you would understand you are perfect just the way you are and you are worth.
This was so important to me. All of my friends have different body shapes, very few of them are even slightly “overweight”. I’ve silently listened to all of their body issues, we all have them. But in my head I’ve always thought “no, but you’re skinny, boys like you, all that matters in this fucking world is skinny”
Polo shirts and sweaters forever~
Anddd today’s lunch date outfit, starring the same oxfords from yesterday, and the new boots I swapped them out with. I shouldn’t have stopped at target on the way there.
P.S. These boots are from the girls shoe section. Eeee!
I went to a surprise birthday party!